Wednesday, December 26, 2007

MEET THE ROBINSONS

From Monday, December 10th...

Sooo, I'm going to start your week off with a movie recommendation and a song from the soundtrack that I just love! This weekend, we rented "Meet the Robinsons" for $1 at Kroger. To be honest, the only reason I pushed to get it was because it had my last name in the title, and nothing else. Typical me, right? :-) And after a 3 hour relaxing walk through Midtown and Piedmont Park on Sunday, the last thing I wanted to do was sit on the sofa and watch a silly cartoon ...

Well, I'm so glad I did, what a pleasant surprise!! This movie about a boy genius orphan inventor who is longing to be part of a loving family is quirky, funny, feel good, and a little weird (it gets really weird in the middle and you start to question what you're watching, but resolves itself perfectly in the end). It's a 3-D animated feature that is well worth two hours of your day!! It will really make you think, in a good way, and leaves you with the warm and fuzzies that only Walt Disney can provide. So, go to your local Blockbuster or Kroger Movie Box this week and treat yourself to good times!

Also, on the movie Soundtrack is one of my favorite songs by Rob Thomas called Little Wonders. This track just "fits" with the movie and is the perfect compliment to the feel-good message of the movie! I've included the lyrics below! I think you can relate them to lots of things going on in your own life ...

Have a great week and KEEP MOVING FORWARD (watch the movie and you'll get it)!


LITTLE WONDERS

let it go,

let it roll right off your shoulder

don't you know

the hardest part is over

let it in,

let your clarity define you

in the end

we will only just remember how it feels

our lives are made

in these small hours

these little wonders,

these twists & turns of fate

time falls away,

but these small hours,

these small hours still remain

let it slide,

let your troubles fall behind you

let it shine

until you feel it all around you

and i don't mind

if it's me you need to turn to

we'll get by,

it's the heart that really matters in the end

our lives are made

in these small hours

these little wonders,

these twists & turns of fate

time falls away,

but these small hours,

these small hours still remain

all of my regret

will wash away some how

but i can not forget

the way i feel right now

in these small hours

these little wonders

these twists & turns of fate

these twists & turns of fate

time falls away

but these small hours

these small hours, still remain,

still remain

these little wonders

these twists & turns of fate

time falls away

but these small hours

these little wonders still remain

No comments: